Monday 15 February 2016

FLOWERING ROSEMARY

Rosmarinus officinalis, commonly known as rosemary, is a woody, perennial herb with fragrant, evergreen, needle-like leaves and white, pink, purple, or blue flowers, native to the Mediterranean region. It is a member of the mint family Lamiaceae, which includes many other herbs. The name "rosemary" derives from the Latin for "dew" (ros) and "sea" (marinus), or "dew of the sea". The plant is also sometimes called anthos, from the ancient Greek word ἄνθος, meaning "flower". Rosemary has a fibrous root system.

This post is part of the Blue Monday meme,
and also part of the Macro Monday meme,
and also part of the Through my Lens meme.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,

    So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blooms, lovely color. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of this, but never saw it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I was thinking of the homemade cream of mushroom soup with fresh rosemary in it. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rosemary! I have a large "bush" of it growing by my saguaro that will have to be left behind when we moved I tried to move one years ago in another move and killed it. I'll just have to get another in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blue is so intensive, i like it so much.
    wonderful blossoms.
    Greetings from Germany
    http://eintageinfotoeintag.blogspot.de/2016/02/was-lugt-den-da-hervor.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.