Monday 21 May 2012

AT THE HULA BULA BAR, PERTH

Last time I was in Perth, friends took me to the Hula Bula Bar (sic!). The place is so kitch that it’s definitely worth visiting. It styles itself as Australia’s only Tiki bar and is decorated garishly using a Hawaiian/Polynesian theme. It is located at 12 Victoria Avenue in Perth’s CBD. The cocktails served are absolutely lethal! The bar was full and noisy, obviously very popular with the locals. The high  prices of the drinks didn’t seem to deter the many people who were intent on drinking themselves under the tables! I had a single drink and went back to the hotel… Just goes to prove that I am an  old fuddy-duddy!

This post is part of the Mellow Yellow Monday meme.

13 comments:

  1. ...or as we say in Norvay: Skål!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers! i wonder what kind of poison is this.:p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so mellow yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers! Have a fabulous week.

    Liz @ MLC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good that I will have to give it a go even if only for one drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks a very trendy place. I like an occasional cocktail but perhaps not a bright yellow one! Great pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ¸.•°`♥✿⊱╮
    ❤♡ Bela foto.
    Boa semana!
    Beijos.
    Brasil
    ¸.•°`♥✿⊱╮

    ReplyDelete
  8. SoNice!

    Visiting late from MYM, here's my Yellow Roses, come and see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks delish drink :-) Dropping by from last weeks MYM

    http://www.homecookingwithjessy.com/munching-yellow-mango/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.